Friday, October 3, 2014

Bacchus: Dessert Degustation

First of all, I’m so sorry about missing a post. Actually I might have missed two....
The last couple of weeks have been CA-RAZY.
I fly down to Brisbane to see the BFF and spend some time with her, and then I went to Gold Coast to visit the family, and then I attended a Town Planning Conference and drank networked with other planners from Queensland. I pretty much go every year and I love it. Making friends is fun.
BUT, the main thing I want to talk to you about is a Dessert Degustation I went to with the BFF. I was all kinds of excited. Like off the charts excited.
It’s located in Brisbane, along Southbank. It’s real fancy kind of place. The kind of place that makes me feel like I need to have full make up, curled hair and definitely no swearing. I did not fit in ;)
There are actually only 5 courses advertised when you book, but just between you and me, you actually get 10. Yep. 10 courses of sweet sweet dessert. You pretty much have to have the hugest sweet tooth if you go to this thing.
This is a photo of 9 of the courses:
 
Doesn’t it just want to make you scream?
 
Because on the night I was distracted and honestly did not think to get a full break down of the exact courses, you’ll have to settle with my guess. So, in my own words, the courses were:
 
Course 1: Hazelnut hot chocolate with coconut marshmallows and chocolate cigars
 
Course 2: Raspberry panna cotta with vanilla cheesecake and raspberry sorbet
 
Course 3: Hot donut balls with lemon and olive oil dipping sauce
 
Course 4: Warm chocolate brownie with hazelnut mousse and frangelico ice cream
 
Course 5: Lemonade and mint granita (not pictured)
 
Course 6: Sticky lemon polenta with scorched buttermilk and almond ice cream
 
Course 7: “Forrest Floor” – salted caramel ice cream with pistachio and cocoa with chocolate twigs
 
Course 8: Soufflé with cinnamon anglaise, cinnamon twirl and vanilla ice cream
 
Course 9: Sticky date pudding with toffee sauce and prune and Armagnac ice cream
 
Course 10: Lemon macarons, moulded chocolate, white chocolate ice cream pops and pistachio cakes
 
It goes without saying that each course was exquisite. The flavours were amazing, the textures interesting - just over the top, one of the best things I've ever eaten.
Just so you don’t have to google it, their details are:
Bacchus
Cnr Grey St & Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
(07) 3364 0843
 
So you go book, while I go jump on a treadmill....


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it.Natural Farmers Pantry

    ReplyDelete