Monday, September 1, 2014

Passionfruit and Coconut Cupcakes

Apologies for the late post. I’m currently in cramming mode. My final nutrition exam is this time next week and I have SO MUCH to cram into my brain.

How do you cope with studying? Are you a stay-awake-for-56-hours-and-cram kinda person? Or do you start prepping a month out?
I’m a prepper. I’ve been studying solidly for the last 2 weeks or so, and will up the anty a bit this weekend. Although you definitely will not see me up past 10pm studying! Actually scrap that. Past 6pm. I like to have nights to myself. Cook a good dinner, settle in front of the TV, chat to whoever has taken residence in my house – anything except studying!

Anywho, I made these for my work colleague’s birthday. She’s that one person in the office who runs things. She knows everything there is to know about everything, and will happily help anyone with anything. Every office tends to have one of these ladies, and they’re the ones who really make everything run smoothly. She deserved cupcakes.
These are stupidly easy. If I can make them in 30mins while I’m cramming, you can make them anytime. They were a bit on the small side though. I had a new cupcake tray and they make wider flatter ones opposed to skinny tall ones. If ya know what I mean....

Still, cake is cake is cake.


Cupcakes:
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream
125g butter, melted
2 eggs
2 passionfruit pulps

Frosting:
125g butter
1 3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tbspn coconut cream
Passionfruit pulp for drizzle

Preheat oven to 180oC

Combine the flour and sugar and whisk together

Add the remaining ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until it just comes together.

Fill your patty liners until they’re about 3/4 full.

Bake for 20 minutes until they are golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.

While they’re cooling, make your frosting.

In a stand mixer (or hand held mixer....or your hands if you’re wonder woman), beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add in the icing sugar and coconut cream.

When the cupcakes have cooled, frost as you see fit and drizzle with passionfruit!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment