Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Margarita Pizza

Are you a pizza person? I only like pizzas if they’re loaded with fancy toppings. You wanna feed me pepperoni or Hawaiian? Nope. I ain’t gonna do it.
Smother it in marinated lamb, eggplant, chilli and minted Greek yoghurt? Yeah I’ll be there in a flash.

When I was travelling through France, a friend (who has travelled all over Europe) informed me that the best pizza in ALLTHEWORLD was at this Pizzeria in Paris somewhere....for the life of me I cannot remember. Hopefully I’ll have the name written down....*2 hours later* So I just did some research and the place was called La Comedia right next to the Censier-Daubenton metro. Go there people.
ANYWAY I had specific instructions to get the Margarita because it is authentic and delicious. I however, chose a fancy one with grilled eggplant and an egg fried in the middle. I didn’t go all that way for some dang boring pizza! No regrets. It was amazing.

I still however will get to Italy one day and compare this magical French pizza with the original artists....
Anywho, back home, I very rarely eat pizza, let alone actually make it. So it was a special night to sit back with some pizza and a glass of red indulging.

I did make a Margarita this time to be proper....and I personally just want to top it with some BBQ chicken, capsicum and red onion....but so be it. Still got demolished pretty fast ;)

Dough:
375 grams all-purpose flour
Slightly heaped 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup water

In a very large bowl, mix all ingredients with a spoon. The dough will be sticky but this is all good. Cover bowl with plastic and keep at room temperature for approximately 6 hours, or until the dough has more than doubled. I came home at lunch and did this so it’d be ready for dinner.

Sauce:
800g tin tomatoes (try to get a seasoned one for extra flavour)
1/2tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
Pinch red chilli flakes (add depending on your heat sensitivity)
Pinch sugar
Fresh/grated mozzarella
Basil

Empty the tin tomatoes into a colander set over a bowl. Let them drain for 30 minutes (or as long as you can). Stir them around every so often to make sure all the juices are dripping down.

To a blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until they reach your desired sauce texture.

Assembly:
Flour your counter very well. Dump dough out of bowl onto floured counter. Flour the top of the dough, and divide dough in half. Form them into ball-like shapes. Grab first ball with floured hands and shape into whatever pleases you. The dough is super soft so should stretch very easily.  

Add a heaping of sauce to each pizza base and spread it evenly. Scatter mozzarella over the pizzas. Give each assembled pizza a quick drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until the top is bubbled and the crust is golden. As soon as the pizza comes out of the oven and is still blazing hot, finish with basil.

 
 
 
_

No comments:

Post a Comment